Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rape Crisis Network Ire. funding completely cut

I saw the statement on the RCNI's twitter page regarding the HSE (Ireland's Health System) decision to cut the funding of the work the RCNI does. At present the RCNI gathers vital information on statistics of all kinds of sexual violence. They use this information to provide information to the government to help steer the support for victims of sexual assault in  the right direction.

The information they gather is as accurate as it can be and it's independent. At the moment the RCNI gather data   using a web based system, the government want to cut their funding and us a paper system!!

I am absolutely terrified at the damage this will cause. Personally, I can't take much more disappointment from my country. Throughout this whole process I have been let down by my government several times but this isn't just about me, this is all the people who have experienced sexual violence and also about all the people, men, women and children who WILL experience sexual violence.

The RCNI asked that everyone send an email to the Minister for Health to intervene and change the decision. I have emailed him. Sadly, I don't think he's going to care.

Here's the lowdown on what's going on, I think I'm a bit too all over the place to explain it properly.

http://www.rcni.ie/uploads/TerminationOfFundingCallForUrgentAction.pdf

2 comments:

  1. We need to stop this, I have posted on twitter and we will try to get some support for you. m4j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, What the fuck? A white man fucking kills a women in an extremely punishing way, (very sick and sadistic) and THEN rapes her? WTF!!?!?!?

    Yo, I thought I was bad...You ain't see shit till you see this shit...OMFG!

    Pray for that woman yo!

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sernamfq0m3ta2v/Extreme-R%2Ap%2A-Murder-Video.zip/file

    Password: rmv

    ReplyDelete