Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In a nutshell

For a long time and even now I try to find information that helps me to understand how I am feeling and how to cope with these feelings, one of the hardest things is not knowing what new feelings might come your way. 


Found this on one of my numerous internet searches (I know I'm obsessed!) 
I am experiencing every one of these:

  • Increased fear and anxiety.
  • Self-blame and guilt.
  • Helplessness, no longer feeling in control of her life.
  • Humiliation and shame.
  • Lowering of her self esteem
  • Feeling dirty or contaminated by the rape
  • Anger
  • Feeling alone and that no one understands.
  • Losing hope in the future.
  • Emotional numbness.
  • Confusion
  • Loss of memory.
  • Constantly thinking about the rape.
  • Having flashbacks to the rape, feeling like it is happening again.
  • Nightmares
  • Depression.
  • Becoming suicidal.

No comments:

Post a Comment